February 27, 2007

Reyes Flexing

John Delcos at Lo Hud, writes about Jose Reyes and what he's done to improve his game:


I walked by Jose Reyes this morning, made a fist and pointed to my biceps. He knew what I was thinking and laughed. This really is a fun guy to cover.

He homered in the IS game yesterday and knows every time he goes deep the questions will be asked. How can they not be after he's bulked up?

"I am stronger, but home runs aren't part of my game," he said. "I need to get on base."

Willie Randolph said Reyes could increase his walks, and thereby his on-base percentage, with a few more home runs. Randolph's logic is if Reyes shows power, opposing pitchers might work around him more.

Reyes tends to agree and said his goal this year is to further increase in on-base percentage.

No comments: