April 17, 2007

Lo Duca: Hitting In Cold Weather

Matthew Cerrone at Mets Blog, writes about Paul Lo Duca's interview on WFAN and his views on hitting in cold weather:


Mets C Paul Lo Duca recently concluded his weekly radio interview on WFAN.

Lo Duca talked with the show’s hosts about having such a sporadic schedule to start the season, his thoughts on the NL East, Jose Reyes, and his team’s inability to get ‘the big hit’ so far this season, of which he responded...

“Well, yeah…you’re a little bit right, there. I mean, for the last three games I have only one hit...we haven’t really swing the bats that good, to be honest with you. I attribute it to, and, you know I’m tough, I mean, I’ll call a spade a spade, but, the weather has been tough, man. It’s been tough to hit in that weather...

“I mean, I’m blowing on my hands with batting gloves on because my hands are freezing. Like I said, it shouldn’t be an excuse, and, you know, Jose Reyes has got off to a good start, and there’s a lot of us who have not got the big hit early, but, I mean, that’s gonna change. There’s too many good hitters out there on our ballclub.”

To check out Lo Duca’s entire interview, go to WFAN.com.

No comments: