July 26, 2007

Joe Smith Sent Down

This news is from Metsblog.com, and I am not yet sure if this is true because I have not heard anything from any other source about this move...

Following this afternoon's game, RHP Joe Smith was sent down to Triple-A New Orleans.In a third of an inning of relief this afternoon, Smith allowed three hits and an earned run. He also allowed two inherited runners to score. RHP Jon Adkins was recalled from New Orleans. In 39 games for the Zephyrs this season, all relief appearances, Adkins is 1-3 with a 3.83 ERA. He has allowed eight home runs in 49.1 IP.
- DJ Short

Smith was quoted in an interview with Marty Noble of Mets.com:
"Lately, my head's been getting in the way. I know more about the hitters and about how the game is played [so much quicker than in the Minor Leagues]. But I'm not pitching as well. I need to get back to where I was."

This is from Bleed Orange And Blue (my site):
Hopefully when he is called back up (and I am praying to god that he will be) he will return to his usual self.
Now im very confident Minaya will make a move, he wouldnt send Smith down unless he he was planning on acquiring another bullpen arm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is complete bull!?!

Anonymous said...

that is a load of bull