July 10, 2007

Rumor Grumblings

From Ed Ryan at Mets Fever (Network Member)...


Take this with a grain of salt, I have no first hand knowledge and have no idea whether the originators are accurate, but I thought it was interesting so I'm passing it along. John Delcos of Lo Hud Journal has a daily blog log and has built quite a following, I often post comments as "ed". This is not from John and in fact he didn't respond to the question, I like John's blog because he will often respond to questions directly but on this one he hasn't responded. I don't listen to ESPN radio, not only am I a loyal WFAN listener but where I am in NJ ESPN doesn't come in (which is crazy because I'm only an hour outside the city). If anyone has more info please feel free to add in the comments section.

A month ago before Carlos Gomez went down I thought the minute Milledge showed he was healthy he would be traded, just because of the depth at the position, but now I find it hard to believe he can be traded unless their going to bring in another veteran outfielder. I like Contreras I know he on the down side, but he's a big game pitcher, close with El Duque which will make him comfortable in the clubhouse and is signed through 2009.

The other two pitchers are top prospects; Gonzalez is 6-4 with a 3.10 ERA in AA he came to the SOX's in the Freddy Garcia trade and has been to the minor league all-star game two years in a row. Danks is a struggling rookie fifth starter along the lines of Mike Pelfrey, he was acquired from Texas in the Brandon McCarthy trade. Danks is 5-6 with an ERA 4.62.

What makes me think this is a bogus rumor or the players not accurate is that there's no way Milledge alone acquires 2/3 of Chicago's rotation.

Jay July 9th, 2007 at 7:13 pm
Hey John is it true that their is a deal in place that would send Lastings to Chi Sox for Contrearas and a top pitching prospect? ESPN Radio reported that there is.

Jay July 9th, 2007 at 8:00 pm
The prospects are said to be Danks or Gio Gonzalez.

No comments: