February 21, 2008

Alou And His Fountain Of Youth

Anthony DiComo and Marty Noble at Mets.com writes about Moises Alou and how he feels rejuvenated:

"I don't know what happened to me," Alou said. "Maybe New York is the fountain of youth. Seriously, the past three years I've been looking forward for the season to be over, for me to go home and retire. But now I'm looking forward to having a good season, so they can ask me to come back and play another year."

Those thoughts of retirement are gone. Now Alou's worried about winning a title, about anchoring the middle of the Mets' lineup, about staying healthy enough to amass 500 at-bats. The guy who seriously considered retiring after last summer has vanished.

"I really had a great time in the offseason -- hunting, fishing, going to the beach," Alou said. "But that's not what I like doing the most. Playing baseball is what I like doing the most, and I would love to do that hopefully for another year, another couple of years."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

alou is just talking, he wont survive

Anonymous said...

i guess that we will just have to wait and see if he can stay relitivly healthy

Anonymous said...

he hasnt played mostly healthy since 2003

Anonymous said...

maybe thecolapse is gonna fuel himalong the season