April 17, 2008

How Reyes Got His Groove Back

Jim Baumbach at Newsday writes about Jose Reyes going back to his old self:

"I'm going to be the old Jose Reyes," he said after the Mets' 5-2 win over the Nationals last night, won by John Maine, who earned his first win by allowing two runs and five hits in 6 2/3 innings. "I'm going to enjoy my game. I'm going to dance during the game. I'm going to do the handshakes with everybody. I'm going to keep everybody going with smiles in the dugout."

Beltran approached Reyes early Tuesday afternoon and said he pleaded with him to go back to his old self - the enthusiastic, energetic, always happy Jose Reyes.

Well we couldn’t have thought that this serious Reyes would last very long. It’s just not in him. It could just be a coincidence that when he brings back excited Reyes that he starts to tear the cover off the ball again. I guess we will never know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see he has come to his senses

Anonymous said...

I noticed the handshake between Beltran and Reyes after he hit the solo HR!! WOOHOOO!!