December 06, 2006

What are the Mets to do?

With all the rumors going around about Rich Harden, Mark Mulder, Barry Zito, Javier Vasquez, est.… I'm losing my mind.

Here I'm going to propose what Omar and the Mets might want to do. But what do I know? I'm just another one of those Bolgers.

1. Keep the offer on the table for Barry Zito at 5 years 73MM and while he (mostly his agent) mull over the options and take all the time in the world to decide where he wants to play next year, the Mets move on.

2. The Mets go ahead and offer Mark Mulder a 4 year 45MM contract.

3. If the A's want more than Lastings Milledge and Aaron Heilman in return for Rich Harden, they should just walk away from this deal. No pitcher is worth more than those two. Not even Dontrell Willis.

If all three scenarios work out then the pitching staff would reflect: Zito, Glavine, Harden, Mulder, Maine (I would move Hernandez into the bullpen to fill the long relief role).

All of these probably will not work out. But at least one will and I would take any one of these pitchers. I do have a feeling that if Mulder comes to the Mets than Zito won't be far behind.

No comments: