February 14, 2007

Adam Rubin's Q & A with Pelfrey

Adam Rubin of the Daily News is currently reporting from spring training at Port St. Lucie, FL. Rubin just posted on his blog Surfing the Mets a Q & A with Mike Pelfrey. Below is the beginning of the interview, Pelfrey goes on to discuss his curve ball and back troubles for the entire article please visit Rubin's blog.


What’s your mindset coming into spring training?


I thought realistically last year I didn’t have a chance to make the team. There’s a spot open, so there’s opportunity now. I’m just going out to get better, do my best, compete and hopefully win a job.


How did you progress as the year went on?


You had trouble at times throwing the breaking ball – a curveball – for strikes. I thought I did get better. I went to the Fall League and developed a slider. I don’t think it’s anywhere close to where I want it to be, but I definitely made progress and definitely got more comfortable with it. I also worked on a changeup a lot out there. I thought that got better, too.

....I can't wait to see these young guns go at it, what an exciting spring its going to be.


No comments: