February 15, 2007

Heilman Still Wants To Start

Adam Rubin at the Daily News writes about Aaron Heilman and how he still wants to be a part of the starting rotation:


Yes, Aaron Heilman asked again. No, he's not going to get a look as a starting pitcher this spring.

"I haven't given up," Heilman said yesterday, a day after arriving from his home in Chicago. "I'll still do everything I can to pursue that - until I don't feel I can be an effective starter."

"I've got to come in and still do a job and help this team win," said Heilman, who made a team-high 74 relief appearances in '06. "Unfortunately, I can't have a lot of say in what my role is. I can just try to control the things I can - which is my performance when I'm out there. I'll just go out there and have another good year and help the team win."

No comments: