February 15, 2007

Wright On Himself

David Lennon at Newsday writes about David Wright and how he feels he should go about his professional life with the Mets:


"It doesn't matter if I'm on magazine covers or video game covers, I'm always going to put pressure on myself," Wright said. "But if you're going to be out there, and you're going to open yourself up to that, you're going to open yourself up to a lot of criticism if you don't perform. I have enough faith in my work ethic and I have enough faith in my ability that I don't mind that at all. I'll bring that on."

"Honestly, during the season, I very rarely go out," Wright said. "I'm not a big club guy, so I don't really go to the hot spots and stuff like that. I like to go out and have a good time, but very low key."

"Granted, I'm 24 years old, I'm going to do what a lot of 24-year-olds do. But in the back of my mind, I ask myself the question: Is this going to be good for me the next day when I try to prepare for a game? And if a little kid picks up this picture and sees me doing something I'm not supposed to be doing, are they going to follow in my footsteps? I don't want to be a negative influence."

Well said David...well said.

No comments: