February 22, 2007

Reyes Looks To Improve In 07

Over at ABC News they write about Jose Reyes and how he's looking to improve on his game in 2007:


"There are a lot of things I'm still learning at this level," Reyes said. "I just try to stay focused and get on base. That's the big part for me. That's what I like to do. The more pitches I see, the more comfortable I get. I want pitchers to know that they are going to have to throw me strikes."

Randolph said Reyes' energy is important during the course of a 162-game season.

"He understands you can still bring your personality to the park every day," Randolph said. "He knows he's good and he has fun because he enjoys making an impact. Some of his reactions come from the fact that he surprises himself."Game notesRandolph was impressed with 22-year-old reliever Ambiorix Burgos and his 100 mph fastball. Burgos was acquired from the Kansas City Royals in December for starter Brian Bannister. "Burgos just looks like he has electric stuff," Randolph said. "He shattered a couple of bats and not too many guys were swinging in there against him." ... After winning the NL East last season, the Mets think they're the team to beat in the division this year -- no matter what Philadelphia SS Jimmy Rollins says. "We're the defending National League East champions," All-Star third baseman David Wright said. "Our mind-set all those years the Braves were the defending champs was that they were the team to beat. So, until they prove it on the field, it's just talk."

No comments: