April 10, 2007

Mets Comments On Jimmy After The Game

Anthony DiComo at Mets.com, writes about the players and their comments after the game twards Jimmy Rollins:


"The Shea faithful let him hear it, so it was fun," said David Wright, whose two-run double extended his personal hitting streak to 19 games and put the game all but out of reach. "That's what makes New York so great is they're so knowledgeable about the game, and I'm sure they're not going to allow Jimmy to do anything out there. That's why it's such an advantage playing in New York -- teams don't like to play here."

"There's no way he's going to turn a double play on that one because I was running very good down the line," Reyes said. "No chance."

"I know Jimmy was just eating it up," said Billy Wagner, who played with Rollins for two seasons in Philadelphia. "He's a high-profile guy who likes the attention. He's one of the best players, so it's not shocking that they're going to do that."

"I don't feel bad for him because it's part of the game, but I know that he'll be there to be accountable and take his lumps," Wagner said. "What was he supposed to say? 'I hope we come in second?'"

No comments: