April 16, 2007

Wagner on Philly

Steve popper at The Journal News, writes about Billy Wagner and his view on going back to Philly:

When Wagner made his return to Philadelphia last season the taunts included shouts of death threats.

"I don't know if anybody in this crowd was talking about killing somebody. You don't want to know what they were saying to me," Wagner said. When asked if he actually received threats, he said, "That's just normal stuff. It's sad. That's just how it is. You kind of shrug it off and play ball. I don't take it to heart."

"I just shrug it off," said Wagner after Sunday's game with the Nationals was rained out. "Until there's something actually done, there's no reason to look at it any different."

"I didn't want to go there," said Wagner, who joined the Phillies in an off-season deal before the 2004 season. He spent two years there before leaving as a free agent. "I was disrespected. You're not going to stay in a situation like that. I saw that from Day One."

No comments: