May 24, 2007

On Green Batting Second

I fully agree with Willie Randolph, on putting Delgado in the six spot in the line up. I didn’t, however, agree with the move to stick Shawn Green in the number two spot.

We did win last night. Green did hit in that spot. However, why didn’t Willie put Lo Duca back in that role? He’s a contact hitter and rarely strikes out (as everyone knows). Is a power hitter and should be placed as such. I know I’m not the Manager, nor do I think I would survive as a Manager. But I just don’t see the sense in putting Green in, behind Reyes.

In a previous post I made yesterday, I thought the best solution for Delgado was to put him in the six spot and bump Wright and Green up one. The number two spot would have been dependent on if Endy Chavez played. If he did, Chavez bats second. If he doesn’t, Lo Duca bats second.

This is just going to be an anomaly to me and probably many Mets fans out there. I just go along with what seems to work and for one game so far, Green batting second and Delgado batting sixth, worked out perfectly.

1 comment:

baseball dvds said...

I am afraid that this statement is not correct"I just go along with what seems to work and for one game so far, Green batting second and Delgado batting sixth, worked out perfectly.
".I would appreciate if you can further elaborate this.Thank you.
baseball dvds.