June 28, 2007

E-Mail Bag: Will Newhan Make A Return?

Dave Newhan is starting to hit the ball well with the Zephyrs. Do you think there would be any kind of chance that the Mets would reactivate him and send own someone who isn’t hitting the ball too well?

Mark via E-mail


For those of you who don’t know, here’s Newhan’s numbers in Triple-A:

54AB, .315BA, 8Doubles, 2HR, 1SB

That’s one good Triple-A player.

I do think that at some point during the season, Newhan is going to be reactivated, but there is no way in my mind that he could take anybody’s place other than Ricky Ledee. If Ledee starts to go downhill for a while, you could see the drunken batter back in a Mets uniform with hast.

I would love to see this happen, because for some reason I don’t like Ledee and think that he brings the team down a little bit. Maybe it’s the fact that he came up as a Yankee. I guess that’s the only logical answer.

Back on the Newhan question. Yes, Newhan will be back and yes, it will have to be due to a dreadful bench bat. I think you hit the nail on the head Mark.

Note:

To all the readers,

Keep the questions coming, I love to hear your thoughts, questions and love answering them for you.

No comments: