July 30, 2007

Milledge Proving People Wrong

Marc Raimondi at SNY writes about Lastings Milledge and how he is proving the nay sayers wrong this season:

Milledge is hitting .286 with three home runs and 14 RBIs in 19 games. He sports a .492 slugging percentage and has struck out only nine times in 63 at-bats.

"I'm not trying to carry a team. That's not my position," Milledge said. "My position is to give this team a little bit of spunk."

Which could be exactly what the Mets need. They're 9-7 since Milledge was called up - not a staggering record, but good enough to stay 3 ½ games ahead of the Phillies as of Sunday.

"I'm gonna bring excitement, I'm gonna bring me," Milledge said. "You can't really say what the team needs, that's just what I'm gonna bring."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this kid is going to be a super star

Anonymous said...

thats if he can get the LMILLZ out of his system first man

Anonymous said...

even with that i think he's going to be good and the mets had better not trade him

baseball dvds said...

I am afraid that this statement is not correct"I'm gonna bring excitement, I'm gonna bring me," Milledge said. "You can't really say what the team needs, that's just what I'm gonna bring.
".I would appreciate if you can further elaborate this.Thank you.
baseball dvds.