July 17, 2007

Where Have The Mets Gone?

For the past two months the Mets have looked like a team defeated. It’s almost as though they’re thinking that last year was their only chance and are conceding to the Braves without even putting up a fight.

Us Met fans have been severally spoiled over the past season and a half and now we expect the Mets to do what we know they’re capable of…win.

There has to be something resonating under the surface that they aren’t telling us and I know that they don’t have to let the public in on every problem that happens with them, but I, for one, would like to be let in on this one. I want to know what is going on in their heads.

There’s a long list of players who haven’t been hitting (Lo Duca, Beltran, Delgado, Valentin; Green) and for some reason, when it’s time to make a hit with runners in scoring position, they’re usually the ones at the plate. Someone needs to pull these guys to the side and give them an ear full, because nothing else seems to be working and I don’t know how much more I can take from a team that I know has the ability to dominate.

No comments: