September 17, 2007

Wright Hits 30/30

Anthony Di Como at Mets.com writes about David Wright and his first 30/30 season:


"I kind of laughed at the beginning of the season when he told me that 'I want you to be a 30-30 guy,'" Wright said of Johnson. "And here we are in the middle of September, and I was able to accomplish it. I'm extremely proud of it."

Wright now has 30 home runs and 31 stolen bases. Like father, like son.

Only two other Mets -- Johnson and Darryl Strawberry -- have posted 30-30 seasons. Johnson, also a third baseman, did it three times, in 1987, '89 and '91. Strawberry achieved the feat in 1987.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

atleast something good came out of this weekend

Anonymous said...

you said it man wat a bad time

Anonymous said...

twice!!! they swept us twice