April 07, 2008

Delgado's New Approach

David Lennon at Newsday writes about Carlos Delgado and his new approach at the plate that seems to be paying off for his batting average:

Carlos Delgado's small-ball approach appears to be paying off. He went 2-for-4 yesterday with a pair of singles and is 7-for-20 (.350) with a double and two RBIs after the first five games.

"I'm just trying to not put too big a swing on the ball," Delgado said. "Not try to do too much early on."

The only thing that scares me about this new approach is if it hurts his power numbers that will in turn hurt his RBI’s. He only has one extra base hit in this young season, but if this works out I don’t want to say too much so that I don’t have to eat my foot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he wouldnt be delgado if he wasnt swinging for the fences every now and then

Anonymous said...

Want to talk in my blog?