September 28, 2006

Pedro's thoughts

At Rotoworld, they write about Pedro Martinez and his thoughts on last night's start:

Pedro Martinez doesn't feel he has to shut it down, but after his awful outing on Wednesday night, he admitted that he's not close to 100 percent.

"I've worked hard to try and get back, but obviously I'm not 100 percent," Martinez said. "I don't feel healthy." Martinez's strained right calf is making it difficult for him to push off the mound, and he's no longer optimistic that he'll be ready to start a game in the NLDS. "I hope I'll be healthy enough to pitch in relief," he said. "Maybe I'll be able to go two or three innings." Randolph was noncommittal after the game. If Martinez has to pitch in relief, both John Maine and Steve Trachsel will be in the postseason rotation.

No comments: