April 07, 2007

Preview Of Today's Matchup

Today the (4-0) Mets take on the (3-1) Braves. After last night's 11-1 stomping by our beloved Mets, it'll be nice to see if the Braves just curl up and die or try and fight back. Below is a preview of today's starting pitching:


Tom Glavine:
Glavine gained his 291st career victory with a few assists from the Mets' defense on Opening Night. He allowed six hits, a walk and a run in six innings. He wasn't too impressed with himself. "I'm not totally thrilled with it. There's parts of it that I know I can do better going into the next one. But the good part was when I had to make pitches, I did. I was behind in the count a little bit more than I like to be, and I didn't think I was as good with my fastball as I wanted to be. My stuff was good. My location was OK." Now he faces the Braves, no longer a nemesis for him, and his buddy John Smoltz. They'll both enjoy it.

John Smoltz:

Smoltz looked dominant before allowing a pair of runs in the sixth inning of his Opening Day start against the Phillies. This will be the first time he?s faced the Mets since tossing eight scoreless innings against them on Sept. 26. In four starts against the Mets last year, Smoltz was 2-2 with a 2.33 ERA. He was 11-5 with a 2.92 ERA in 18 starts at Turner Field in 2006.

No comments: