June 13, 2007

Player Update: Carlos Gomez

John Klima at Mets.com, writes about Carlos Gomez and his collision into the outfield wall:


Rookie Carlos Gomez said he came out fine after crashing hard at the base of Dodger Stadium's left-field wall in pursuit of a James Loney double Monday night. Gomez, who was back in the lineup Tuesday night, said he had some stiffness in his shoulder, but didn't anticipate it affecting his swing.

Gomez, pressed into everyday service with Moises Alou on the disabled list for the foreseeable future, said he has benefited from the veteran players in the Mets clubhouse.

"A lot of veterans have been teaching me how we play in the big leagues," Gomez said. "There's a big difference from the Minor Leagues. My first week here, I was a little confused. I didn't know how to do things. I watched [Carlos] Beltran. He plays the same position as me. I watched what he does on the field and off the field."

No comments: