June 12, 2007

Reyes On His Batting

John Delcos at Lo Hud, writes about Jose Reyes and him not feeling comfortable at the plate:


Jose Reyes is hitting .310, but said he’s not comfortable at the plate, especially from the left side.
“I’m opening up and trying to pull everything,’’ Reyes said. “I don’t feel good. I’m not at the point where I want to be. … I’m not driving the ball into the gaps. Once you see me do that, you can say, `he’s back.’ ’’

Reyes got off to a quick start and was hitting .370 on April 22. Nobody expected him to keep that pace and his average dropped to .356 by the end of the month. No need for alarm, especially with the Mets continuing to win. However, he slid through the month, hitting .268 for May and finishing at a .310 average.

Said Willie Randolph: “He’s being overly aggressive. He is getting out too much in front, and when you’re doing that you can’t go the other way.’‘

No comments: