July 30, 2007

Contemplating Trading Milledge

A lot of the media and fans have been hard on Milledge through his stints with the Mets over the past two years (myself included), but he has really come through in the clutch for them this season. I almost admire him for his perseverance through situations that were his fault and some that weren’t. He is a fantastic player and another catalyst for this team.

With all that said, if a trade possibility for a player of Carl Crawford’s caliber were to arise (going around the blogging community) for Milledge and another prospect (Pitcher), I wouldn’t mind one bit if the Mets were to jump all over this like it were a wounded animal in the wild.

Crawford has drawn comparison to Reyes on many occasions and had almost identical numbers to him last season (.305 BA, 58 SB; 18 HR). Having a player of Crawford’s ability hitting second behind Reyes would be enough to unnerve any pitcher on the mound.

So if I were Omar and this rumor were true, I would hand Milledge and a Pelfrey or Humber over to Tampa on a silver platter. Endo of story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

milledge for crawfor would be a done deal for me

Anonymous said...

like i said before, im a little sceptical about this trade rumor, but if it is true go go go go

Anonymous said...

I get giddy thinking about reyes and crawford hitting in the same lineup

Anonymous said...

I get giddy thinking about reyes and crawford hitting in the same lineup